British Safety Council
Steps taken prior to resuming operations
- Disinfection and sanitization of entire premise including:
- Entrance gates of the building, office, balcony, etc.
- Meeting/conference rooms
- Building peripherals
- Rest rooms, cafeteria, pantry area, etc.
- All other surfaces
- Pest control and fumigation for all common areas to be done properly by PPE equipped in-house teams.
- Common area disinfection has been carried out by using Viro 753 chemical by in-house team with proper usage of PPEs.
- Adequate stock of PPE, including surgical masks / 3 ply masks / cotton masks @ 1 per individual and an infrared (non-touch) thermometer is maintained at every site and office.
- Maintenance and checking of infrastructure, machines, and equipment has been carried out and ensured.
- All electronic items such as PC, printer, electrical cables to be checked for damage (due to rodents).
- Other utilities like electrical equipment, DG set have been checked before putting in operation.
- Sufficient stock of diesel is being maintained.
- AC units have been checked for proper operation and recirculation of air has been carried out before resuming the service.
- Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) of electrical equipment has been carried out.
- Thermal screening should be done for everyone entering the premises.
- As per the security safety norms, we request you to co-operate by entering through the main entrance (reception).
- Beside the security check, thermal screening will be carried out 100% of the time to check the temperature of everyone entering office premises from the main entrance.
- Individual helmets will not be allowed into the workplace. Request each employee to lock it along with their two wheeler.
- It is mandatory for every employee to wear their company ID card, mask and gloves before entering the building, failing which the employee will not be allowed into the building.
- It is mandatory to maintain social distancing during the thermal screening process.
- In case of any symptoms of fever, entry will be denied and to enter the workplace again one has to submit medical documents.
- Movement of employees in and out of the premises during the office hours is prohibited (for smoking, the terrace can be used).
- If anyone leaves and re-enters the site, the individual will have to undergo the screening process again.
Workplace safety and measures that need to be followed:
- Need to ensure that social distancing(6 feet) is being maintained at the workplace.
- Ensure adequate hand sanitizers and masks have been provided on your floor to your employees.
- At the workplace, 100% clean desk policy(no stationery items, water bottles, etc. cluttering the work station)
- No online deliveries, no outside food will be allowed at the workplace.
- Any birthdays/events/town halls/get-togethers/ farewell parties will not be entertained in the common area, cafeteria, and conference rooms.
- Use of biometric devices can be a source of spreading infections. Temporarily avoid using biometric systems and track employee attendance with ID cards.
The water dispenser should be operated only by the pantry staff (employees should not operate it on their own).
- Share e-documents and avoid printing as much as possible.
- Arrange meetings through video conferencing and minimize scheduling of physical meetings where a large number of people are involved, unless necessary. Where face-to-face meeting are essential, cap them at 10 minutes and involving not more than three people, and maintain social distance (6 feet).
- As far as possible, avoid external visits. However, an important visitor will be allowed post approval from the 315 Work Avenue Community team and after proper thermal screening and submission of the self-declaration form at the security check.
- Every approved visitor details in the VMS machine will be captured by our site leading, to avoid spread of the virus.
- Staff should wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after handling food.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or flexed elbow. Discard the tissue in a closed bin and clean your hands.
your hands well and often to avoid contamination
your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and discard used tissue
touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Workplace Safety and Measures that Need to be Followed
- Guidelines to follow in the Cafeteria
- Managing Waste
- During lunch break, employees should cooperate and maintain social distancing (6 feet) as per the government standards followed at 315 Work Avenue, and avoid gathering in the cafeteria. Clients need to share with us the time slots for their employees, -as we will be having fewer chairs to maintain social distance (6 feet). We request support and cooperation to ensure that every employee is well taken care of and we also maintain the standards of OHSAS.
- Employees carrying their own packed food need to have lunch before 12:00 noon or after 2:30pm. In no way should they get their food in contact with the food served at the cafeteria. Also, washing of lunch boxes at cafeteria wash basins is not allowed.
It is advised to use lighting switches/AC remotes only twice a day once to turn ON and once to turn OFF. Use a hand sanitizer after doing the same.
- Avoid using desk phones as much as possible; use personal cell phones to make calls.
- Lift elevators are restricted to ground floor and also social distancing( 6 feet) needs to be maintained as per the marking slots and if possible use stairs as much as possible.
- Use the elbow to open and close doors instead of hands or where ever applicable.
- Any material movement in terms of water cans/stationery/ consumables will be entertained from 8pm to 7am.
- Food vendors will be allowed as per the time slot given by the respective client 10minutes- Prior, and a thorough thermal will be done.
- Repair and maintenance activities will not be entertained during office hours; they can be scheduled only on weekends. Exceptions are accommodated beyond 8 pm in case of any emergency; approval of the site lead is mandatory.
- Use specified phases when using cafeteria
- Avoid gathering for lunch and ensure the seating never crosses 50%
- Ensure social distancing while eating
- If possible, encourage employees to bring their food
- Make sure the cafe staff is wearing the protective gear
- Encourage packaged meals, disposable plates, cups, spoons etc
- Implement frequent pest control
- Never indulge in self-service, let the staff serve food
- Use LCD, banners, boards at the cafe to create awareness about the COVID-19 and steps to stop the spread
- Use paper cups as much as possible as it can be disposed
- Take prior approval of clients before having a dedicated staff member at the pantry and other areas to serve coffee, tea and snacks
- Have sanitizers at pantries
- Avoid hands while picking up snacks
- Consume packed snacks as much as possible
Dealing with different scenarios:
- Client sites that, are registered as Biomedical Waste Generators (definition below).
- Client sites,-where medical facility/isolation wards are absent for suspected COVID-19 cases.
- Waste due to reactive disinfection.
- Special waste segregation and disposal (masks, tissues, hand- gloves etc).
- Also, prescribed SOPs and protocols have to be met for general waste management at the site during/post COVID-19.
Note: As per the Biochemical waste guidelines from CPCB, waste generated during treatment/diagnosis/quarantine of COVID-19 suspected/ conformed patients in isolation wards, quarantine centers, sample collection centers, laboratories, ULBs, and health care facilities, falls under the category of Biomedical Waste.
SOP for Contract Laborers
- Project vendor has to ensure PPE’s, such as masks, gloves and hand sanitizers, are provided to their employees, and these are used while working at the site.
- A self-declaration form needs to be given for each contract labourer by the respective project vendor.
- Chewing tobacco is prohibited on project premises and intoxicated workmen will not be given entry.
- List of labourers provided by the contractor will be allowed into the premises.
- Before entering the premises, every contract labourer needs to undergo thermal screening while maintaining a 6-feet distance from other laborers.
- Every project material labour before downloading the material they need the thermal screening done, material need to be moved through the stair case and lift is prohibited
- Contract laborers to keep their on-premise movement to a minimum. No outside food allowed into the building.
Seek medical help if you experience difficulty in breathing
When you are out with your pet, never let the pet come in contact with objects
Welcome to a ‘Guarded Workplace’ Program
- Welcome kit
- Wellness manual
- Social distancing measures
- Employee self-declaration onsite collaterals
- Welcome kit
- Visitor screening
- Door sanitization
- Disinfestation station
- Reactive disinfestation periodic sanitization
- Workplace seating planning
- Washroom sanitization andusage guidelines
- Awareness posters
- Observation room
- Creating inventory list for BCP
- Facility decontamination stations
- Staff trainings
- Seating arrangement
- Pantry and kitchen guidelines
- Cafeteria usage timing
- Effective routing and vehicle density
- Disinfection of cabs
- HVAC Operations SOP – Purging etc
- AHU and Duct sanitization
- IAQ with microbial culture tests
- Air Altration system checks
- Creating remote monitoring forcritical equipment as BCP
- Filter Upgrades as per ASHRAE Energy Saving Consultancy
- Special (PPE, tissue) waste disposal guidelines
- Biomedical waste generation registration if relevant
- Guidelines to use conference & meeting rooms
Employee Care – Safety Leading the Way
Employee Welcome Kit
Here’s what the employees receive alongside the protection kit:
- Disposable hand gloves
- Hand sanitizers
- Masks – Surgical 3 ply and N95
- Checklist of dos and don’ts
- Alcohol rich disinfectant and tools
- Essential security systems to be checked and ensured they are good to go
- Access points and access control to be discussed with occupants prior to opening the workplace
- Security staff to undergo health check-up and guarded with masks,gloves,sanitizers etc
- Every employee needs full self-declaration obligation on their health and travel history
- Social distancing, hygiene practices and pandemic control measures